Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker
Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker quickly determines whether your system is vulnerable to Spectre and Meltdown. If your system is affected, the program will offer further information on how to protect your computer. The tool is much simple and easy to use, you do not need to run any script or cmdlet. You can use the simple GUI to check your computer for the vulnerabilities. Once downloaded, Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker will scan your CPU. The scan might take a little while and towards the end, it will show you the result.
Tips for you:
– Always install the latest Windows updates. If you disabled auto-updates, re-enable them in the Windows Update settings through the control panel.
– Update your browsers. Especially the Spectre vulnerability may be exploited through Internet browsers. Browser updates may prevent this.
– Update your BIOS. Some BIOS manufacturers have started providing patches to prevent the attacks.
– Update your graphics driver. Graphics card manufacturers are presently investigating whether driver updates might prevent potential attacks.
– Handle (unknown) websites and email attachments with care.
Please note that Ashampoo Spectre Meltdown CPU Checker is merely a diagnosis tool. Please contact the support of your hardware or operating system manufacturer for any questions on Spectre / Meltdown.