New Roxio Creator 2010 Adds Breakthrough Video Enhancements
Roxio®, a division of Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC), launched Roxio Creator® 2010, a comprehensive upgrade focused on streamlining and accelerating the process of capturing, editing and enjoying personal video, including high-definition content.
Building on Creator’s already extensive feature set for editing and sharing digital video, Roxio Creator 2010 now offers automatic smart encoding to dramatically decrease rendering times while maintaining optimum video quality, and leverages ATI Stream and NVIDIA® CUDA technologies to make project encoding up to five times faster. Creator 2010 also adds a range of Blu-ray Disc (BD) features including AVCHD Archiving, BD-RE on-disc editing, and complements its comprehensive Blu-ray Disc authoring capabilities with a new array of new high-definition motion menus.
Roxio Creator 2010 also makes it easier to enjoy video on a range of mobile devices with a newly simplified and reorganised output display that enables users to quickly transfer videos that are automatically optimised for the display characteristics and playback features of their particular device. Adding to Creator 2010’s versatile video capabilities is a Web video capture feature that allows consumers to grab streaming video, such as user-generated content on YouTube®, for viewing offline on portable devices and DVD players.
“Prices on high-definition camcorders have dropped into mainstream territory and a greater number of high-definition players and televisions are now in homes, so we’ve responded by making digital video a major focus of our latest release,” said Matt DiMaria, general manager, Roxio. “From cutting production times to minutes instead of hours, to simple controls and easy output options for sharing, Roxio Creator 2010 is consumers’ go-to application for working with video and bringing high-definition personal content from capture devices to the big- screen television in the living room.”
Roxio Creator 2010’s powerful new video features are accessed via a redesigned user interface that emphasizes commonly used tasks and includes a built-in Learning Center with dozens of video tutorials and step-by-step instructional guides. Roxio Creator 2010 also expands other functional areas of the suite dedicated to working with photos and music as well as completing burning projects.
Consumers have helped make the Roxio product line the leading consumer toolset for digital media, with over 300 million units shipped worldwide and a North American retail market share of almost 60%, which is four times greater than its closest competitor.*
Roxio Creator 2010 download
Roxio Creator 2010 Highlights:
Faster, More Versatile Video**
– Roxio Creator 2010’s new and enhanced video features improve the consumer video experience at every level. From brilliant high-definition video on the big screen to easy-to-share clips for phones and mobile devices:
– Accelerated encode processing – support for ATI Stream and NVIDIA® CUDA technologies means encoding and rendering is now up to five times faster.
– Automatic smart encoding – Creator 2010’s intelligent video editor speeds rendering of edited clips by determining which parts must be re-encoded (e.g. titles and transitions) while leaving the remaining footage in its original form. In addition, Creator 2010 is the first application to support Smart Encoding for AVCHD videos.
– Flexible encoding control – Creator 2010 now allows users to preview the results of current video encoding settings before committing to a lengthy conversion, to pause and resume processor-intensive encoding operations, and to schedule conversions for times when the computer is not otherwise in use, such as overnight.
– Blu-ray Disc authoring – Creator 2010 builds HD video clips into true high-definition discs playable not only on PCs but also on set-top BD players.
– Direct BD-RE editing – video recorded on BD-RE can be edited directly on disc without first transferring to a local hard drive and then re-recording back to disc.
– AVCHD archiving – Creator 2010 backs up an entire camcorder’s worth of AVCHD video at its original high-definition resolution to a recordable Blu-ray disc (BD-R or BD-RE) or a standard DVD in AVCHD format.
– BD playback on PC – an optional Blu-ray Playback plug-in enables playback on PC of BDs including Hollywood movies.
– Direct HDV to disc – high-definition camcorder video can be recorded directly to a PC-hosted DVD or Blu-ray recordable drive without the interim step of storing the video to the hard drive.
– Web video capture – online streaming videos can now be grabbed to a local hard drive and converted for viewing away from a PC, including from portable devices and set-top DVD players.
– Streamlined output options – newly simplified and reorganised, the output display now emphasizes target output devices which are represented with easily recognised pictures to aid identification.
– Video compilations – improved compilation features allow fast assembly of clips into compilations that are optimised for DVD playback and burned to disc.
The Roxio Creator 2010 interface has been redesigned for even greater clarity, with the emphasis on common, straightforward tasks and fast access to Help. Functional areas have been enhanced to include new photo and music options, as well as to provide better burning and backup:
– Task-oriented design – Creator 2010’s Home page brings frequent tasks to the forefront while still enabling quick access to less-used features.
– Built-in Learning Center – users have built-in access to dozens of video tutorials and printable step-by-step instructions for quick help when needed.
– Desktop burning – files can be dragged directly onto the Roxio Burn desktop icon to immediately begin the disc burning process without first launching a separate application.
– Web radio capture – audio from streaming internet radio can be captured and automatically added to an iTunes-compatible music library for playback from a PC or a portable player such as an iPod.
– Photo slideshows – Creator 2010 lets users turn a photo collection and video clips into an engaging slideshow, complete with music and professionally-designed graphics that can be burned to DVD or shared online in a personal PhotoShow.com gallery.
– Access to Roxio CinemaNow® – direct online access to a massive selection of premium entertainment for downloading, including new movies often on the same day and date as they are available in stores.
Roxio enables consumers to easily manage, share, and enjoy personal digital media content and, through Roxio CinemaNow®, conveniently access premium Hollywood entertainment from a broad range of connected devices. A wide array of leading technology companies and developers rely on Roxio applications, services and technologies to bring innovative digital media functionality to next-generation devices and platforms.
Roxio is a division of Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC), headquartered in Novato, California.
Download Roxio Creator 2010
Forward Looking Statements
This release may contain forward-looking statements that are based upon current expectations, including the launch, distribution, and market acceptance of Roxio PhotoShow. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various risks and uncertainties, including those discussed in Sonic Solutions’ annual and quarterly reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This press release should be read in conjunction with Sonic Solutions’most recent annual report on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which contain a more detailed discussion of the Company’s business including risks and uncertainties that may affect future results. Sonic Solutions does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.
Sonic, the Sonic logo, Sonic Solutions, Roxio, the Roxio logo, and PhotoShow, Creator, Toast, and Hollywood to Home, are trademarks or registered trademarks owned by Sonic Solutions in the United States and/or other countries. All other company or product names are trademarks of their respective owners and, in some cases, are used by Sonic Solutions under license. Specifications, pricing and delivery schedules are subject to change without notice.
*Data based on NPD Group 2009 point of sales revenue and unit figures for Roxio-branded software in CD-R Utilities categories
**Some features require Pro version or optional BD plug-ins