Full PC Performance with TuneUp Utilities 2010
TuneUp announced the availability of TuneUp Utilities 2010, the latest version of its award‐winning series of Windows optimization software. The suite boasts a number of new functions, including TuneUp Turbo Mode and TuneUp Live Optimization, and enhancements of its trusted tools, making PC maintenance even easier for both novice and professional computer users. TuneUp Utilities 2010 supports Windows XP, Vista and 7, and can be run on both the 32‐ and 64‐bit versions.
• TuneUp Turbo Mode allows users to temporarily disable unnecessary background processes, such as various Windows services, complex search functions and scheduled maintenance tasks, in Windows XP, Vista and 7 that are not needed—with a single click. Users will see fewer program interruptions and an increase in the frames per second (FPS) in games.
• TuneUp Live Optimization monitors and prevents background programs from using up too much of the PC’s resources. The function helps improve programs’ startup and response times, even when the computer is bogged down with a number of applications running simultaneously.
• The Automatic Maintenance feature is designed to start only when the PC is not being actively used; programs are not slowed down or interrupted. To save and increase battery life, the tool will not start if laptops and netbooks are being run on battery power.
• New to this version of TuneUp Utilities is a gadget located on the desktop for Windows Vista and 7 users. It displays the PC’s health and provides direct access to the functions needed to fix problems or increase the system’s performance.
• TuneUp Utilities 2010 also provides users with a clear and concise Optimization Report, which outlines the Windows maintenance processes carried out and the problems that have been fixed. It can display a record of the past seven days, 30 days or even since the software installation.
• The software’s redesigned Start Center immediately shows any problems, bottlenecks and pending optimization tasks. Its intuitive design gives users direct access to each of the new and trusted features of TuneUp Utilities 2010.
• TuneUp has eliminated complicated technical jargon from its new version; individual optimization steps have been given descriptions that are more easy‐to‐understand. The manufacturer has not only upgraded its Help Center but also made its User Manual available online.